Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Half Dome in Yosemite, a classic view.
A Visit to Yosemite Valley
and Mono Lake.

Mono Lake with tufa at the end of the day.
Travel notes:
The key idea was to look for something
different. There were a lot of familiar
sights, so shooting both was a good idea
since all I had in my collection were slides
and prints. The last time I was here was six years ago
I could spend a week here with all the places
to photograph. Off the beaten path is the way to go. Since
I only had one day, there was only so much you can do.
Ground cover plants can be interesting and cool when converted
to black and white. you always have room
in photoshop to improvise.
Always pack food when traveling long distances.
Mono Lake was cool. After the sun went down,
the light had changed and out came the camera
one more time. Dramatic!
Always pair up. It's more fun and good company.
I want to thank my chauffer(humor).
I definately want to go back to
yosemite in fall, and winter.
Music choices for the trip were Al DeMiola,
David Sandborn, Miles Davis, Lionel Hampton,
Craig Chacqiso, Spyrogyra, Santana
and Eric Clapton.

No comments: